How to enter
- Create a unique Wacky Doodle drawing, painting, collage, or digital art based on inspiration words in the cloud below
- Kids 6-8: give your artwork a name or short description
- Kids 9-10: write a paragraph or short essay related to your art – express your feelings, dreams, or ideas… (is one of the judging criteria)
- Parents: take a photo or scan of your child’s art and submit it together with the description using the form below
(tips for taking a good photo)
Entries were accepted from September 17 through October 25 (10pm)
Thanks for your interest in the contest. Th entry period is now closed. Winners will be announced in a live broadcast on Saturday, Nov 7, at 10:30am. Details will be posted here a week before the event.
How to take a good photo of the art
We recommend trying to take a good photograph of your child’s art to best convey their creation and make it easier to judge. Here are some tips for taking a good photo:
- Photograph in a well lit area, preferably under natural light: near a window, on a covered deck or in an open doorway
- Use diffused, natural light from windows when you can. But when natural light isn’t possible, try setting up two lights that crisscross each other to light the work evenly and and avoid casting shadows on the artwork.
- Stand directly over top of the artwork. Be sure you aren’t blocking your light source or casting a shadow.
- Hang or lean the art against a wall, tilting your camera to match the angle if necessary. Allow your photo to extend just beyond the edges of the artwork, then edit with a cropping tool to make your final adjustments.
- Try to keep the camera parallel to the art piece
We also used some of these free apps which may help you get a great picture of your kids art:
- Microsoft Office Lens: it automatically detects edges and straightens the photo. I also use this to digitize my kids school assignments! Free Android and iOS apps.
- PhotoScan by Google is meant for scanning photographs and artwork – it takes multiple photos to remove shadows and crops and straightens the image. Free Android app.
Full Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The kids art Contest (the “Contest” or “Promotion”) is produced by Camppedia Inc. These Contest rules are subject to modification by Camppedia at its discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited.
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be between 6 and 10 years old on the date of entry
- Children of employees of Camppedia, sales representatives, subsidiaries or parent companies, advertising/sales promotion agencies, and judges are not eligible
- To be eligible, an entrant must be a resident of Texas and live in the Greater Houston Area (within 50 miles of the center of Houston)
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries
- Only one entry per child will be accepted in this Contest; all subsequent entries will be disqualified
- Submitted illustrations (or original art) can include drawings, collages, painting, or digital art created by the author or photographs taken by the author. Artwork must be the child’s own, original work. If computer generated graphics are used, they have to be the child’s original work and not copied or reused from any other source.
- The submitted artwork must be a doodle and related to at least one of the inspiration words from above.
- Entries will be accepted starting September 17, 2020.
- The last day to submit entries is October 25, 2020, at 10pm.
Sponsors, affiliates, and promoters of the giveaway
This contest is organized and sponsored by Camppedia Inc. 1301 Fannin Street, Suite 2440, Houston, TX 77002. Other Houston area businesses and organizations are participating by sponsoring prizes, volunteering to judge the art submissions, or sharing the contest information with their customers, as described on the contest web pages.
Method of entry
The only method to participate in this contest is through the web form above. Each entrant should fill out the entry form on this web page with all the required information. Make sure to upload a good picture of the art and the required description. If more than 2 kids form the same parent want to enter, submit the form again.
Judging Criteria and Winners Selection
A total of 6 winners will be selected, 3 each, in 2 age categories: 6-8 and 9-10 year olds. Camppedia will first select around 20 finalists per age group form all the entries based on the overall impression of the art, clarity of theme, and entry completion.
A panel of judges selected by Camppedia will review and rate all finalist artwork in the following categories:
- Creativity & Originality
- Clarity of Theme
- Use of space & balance of the composition
- Overall impression of the art
- Additional criteria for 9-10 year olds: essay or art description impression
The 3 art pieces in each age group with the highest scores will be declared winners. We reserve the right to adjust or modify the judging criteria before judging begins. The same judging criteria will be applied to all submissions.
Winners will receive prizes from Camppedia and our sponsors and promoters. At our discretion, additional prizes may be awarded to more participants.
The individual prizes are described below:
- Texas Rock Gym is offering 6 Youth sessions. Each session permits one child to attend one (day) Camp or School of Rock (virtual learning center) session (approximate value at $75 each). Valid until August 2021.
- SmartCore Labs is offering 2 vouchers for 2 free online coding classes each, valued around $5-$75 each. Valid until end of May 2021.
- Language Kids World is offering a $150 voucher valid for enrollment in any of their language programs. Valid until August 2021.
- West Houston Christian Sports Association is offering one Voucher for a complete sports season registration package of your choice valid Winter 2020 through Spring 2022 Winter for Basketball, Spring TBall/Baseball/Softball, or Fall Soccer. Package includes registration through one of our many participating local programs. (approximate Value $150.00)
- Idea Lab Kids is offering 4 free enrichment classes of the winner’s choice in one of their Houston Campuses (approx. total value $150.00). Valid from Oct 9th, 2020 through May 9th, 2021. Restrictions Apply. Classes may vary from location and are subject to availability.
- Fundamentally Toys is offering two $25 gift cards for the toy store.
- Zenith Learning is providing 3 educational board games (estimated value $20-25 each)
- Mary & Martha is offering 3 Encouragement Card Set for Kids, approximate value $20 each.
Winners will be notified by email and phone (if available). If no answer is received within 14 days of notice, the prizes may be forfeited or distributed to other runner-ups.
All prizes are non-transferable except by Sponsor. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. No substitution or cash equivalent of a prize is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value. The winners are not entitled to the difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value of any prize.
Submissions will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Camppedia shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted, or not received by Camppedia for any reason.
By entering the Contest, Each entrant and their respective parents and legal guardians agree to INDEMNIFY, release and hold harmless sponsor and all its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the CONTEST and the acceptance of any prize that may be won. The CONTEST organizers and sponsors do not make any warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of any of the prizes. Each entrant agrees to execute any document containing the terms and conditions of these official rules.
Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from access to or the download of information or materials connected with the contest.
Publicity regarding the usage of participants and winner’s information
Your entry to the contest constitutes a grant from you to Camppedia of a free perpetual non-exclusive license authorizing your design to be displayed by Camppedia or by third parties with Camppedia’s permission, to be used on the Camppedia website, in advertisements and other Camppedia promotional material. All entries must be free of claims and rights of third parties. We reserve the right to make minor modifications to art, text and context.
By submitting an entry, each participant and winner grants Sponsor and those acting under its authority permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, art, or comments for advertising and publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
By submitting an entry, you also agree to be added to the Camppedia email list. You may unsubscribe at any time from any email you receive.