Houston Center for Contemporary Craft - Online
Listed by Camppedia* Information about this camp has been collected by Camppedia from public sources. While we do our best to maintain accuracy please be aware that information might have errors or be out of date. The camp provider has not endorsed this information nor does this listing represent an endorsement by Camppedia of the camp provider. Please see our full terms for details. Claim your listing
About the Camp
This summer, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is going digital! Virtual Craft Camp is designed to encourage creativity, experimentation, and self-expression, while introducing kids to a variety of craft materials and processes. Camp options iThis summer, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is going digital! Virtual Craft Camp is designed to encourage creativity, experimentation, and self-expression, while introducing kids to a variety of craft materials and processes. Camp options include an in-depth exploration of fiber art or clay, or a tour of various craft processes in our mixed-media camp. HOW DOES VIRTUAL CRAFT CAMP WORK?
- Campers will receive a kit with the materials for the week and can participate whenever is best for your family during the day.
- Each day, pre-recorded videos will lead campers through looking and critically thinking about craft and hands-on projects. Explore the plants in HCCC’s Craft Garden, and visit our resident artists’ studios from the comfort of your home.
- Experienced teaching artists will guide campers through our art-making activities and will be available to answer any technical questions.
- The week culminates with a Zoom Show and Tell, where each camper will be able to show off their favorite camp project and chat with other campers!
- Each kit will include all the materials and printed instructions for each project.
- Delivery of kits within a 10-mile radius of HCCC is included in the cost of camp.
- Kits can be mailed for an additional cost of $15.
Camp sessions are subject to cancellation or change due to low enrollment. Registrants will be notified 14 days in advance if the session is cancelled. If registrants need to cancel their reservation, they will receive a full refund, if they do so 14 days or more in advance of the session start date. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than 14 days in advance of the start date. Registrants should notify HCCC immediately of cancellation, so that children on the waiting list may attend in their place.
- Education & Programs Manager